I’ve always loved the taste of those cream puffs you buy in the frozen section in your grocery store but today I decided to make the fresh and from scratch!!! It was much easier then I thought it was going to be so I decided to share the recipe!
What you’ll need:
1 cup water
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon sugar
1 cup all purpose flour
4 large eggs
1 large zip lock baggy or pipping bag
1/2 cup suagar
5 tablespoons flour
2 cups milk
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 ounces of chocolate
1 tablespoon light corn syrup
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a small sauce pan bring water,butter,and sugar to boil.
3. Remove from heat. With a wooden spoon stir in flour. Continue to stir until the mixture pulls away from the sides. Let cool for 2 minutes.
4. Add eggs one at a time
5. Transfer batter to a big zip lock baggy and push the mixture to one corner of the bag. Cut a 1/2 inch tip off the corner and pipe until you reach the desired size mound. (keep 1 inch apart)
6. Bake 10 Minutes.
7. Reduce heat to 350 and bake for 20 more minutes.
8. Remove from oven when they are golden brown and feel hollow.
1. In the top of a double boiler combine the sugar, flour, and salt together.
2. Add milk and mix well.
3. Add yolks.
4. Place mixture over hot water and mix until smooth an thick (about 10 minutes) Stir constantly
5. Add vanilla and stir every now and then until cool.
6. Fill in a pipping bag with a small tip and pipe into the pastry puff.
If you don’t have a pipping bag with that kind of tip you can cut a small hole in the puff and pip into the puff that way.
1. Heat chocolate and corn syrup in a microwave save bowl according to chocolate package directions.
Dip the cream puffs in the Chocolate Glaze and let cool.
These little guys are amazing! They are light, fluffy, and I don’t feel as guilty munching on these for dessert!!! If your not a fan of chocolate try dusting the tops with powdered sugar.
If you have any questions or comments feel free to comment down below or contact me! (Contact page) I love to hear from you!!!